WDCGA Wins the Intercity!
WDCGA wins the Intercity over Baltimore, 16-2. The annual event was held at Manor Country Club.
2020 Tournament Update
Unfortunately we will not be able to hold the WDCGA Championship this year.
Tony Marlowe is Now Open for Registrations!
We are pleased to announce that registration is now open for the 2020 Tony Marlowe tournament to be held this year on Tuesday, August 4th at TPC Potomac.
At this point we are still planning on separate morning and afternoon events; however, if interest is low for 2 separate full waves, then we will try and accommodate everyone in one morning event. And so, we ask that teams register ASAP with their time of day preference by July 14th.
We know that many of you are eager to get back to competitive golf with a continued focus on safety, and so we would also like to share some information now that will hopefully answer questions teams may have prior to registering.
- single rider carts will be used
- there will be a forecaddie with each tee time
- no access will be permitted to the main clubhouse
- midway station will be open for food and drinks, credit cards and cash may be used; no club charge back
- water stations and restrooms are open throughout the course
- carts may not be taken to driving range
- use your own balls in short game practice area
- normal depth golf cups are in use
We will be providing additional information on logistics and safety procedures closer to the actual event, but if you or your members have any questions in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Looking forward to seeing everyone safely back on the course again!
World Handicap System
On January 1 the World Handicapping System (WHS) will go into effect. On January 6th, all WDCGA members will be issued a new WHS index. Read more about the WHS:
WDCGA fall presentation (PDF)